After-abortion support is designed to assist you if you’ve experienced abortion and need to work through emotions surrounding that experience. We have compassionate caregivers, many who have also experienced abortion, who can talk with you about your experience in a confidential and non-judgmental setting.
ARE YOU EXPERIENCING POST-ABORTIVE STRESS?
Take the following self-assessment
- Have you changed as a person since your abortion?
- Do you find yourself struggling to turn off feelings connected to your abortion(s)?
- Are you trying to make yourself “forget” about it?
- Do babies, pregnant women or baby clothes remind you of your abortion?
- Does the anniversary date of your abortion make you sad, depressed or sick?
- Are you experiencing a substantial increase of alcohol or drug use since your abortion?
- Is it difficult to discuss your abortion? Are you overcome with guilt or depression?
- Did your relationship with men change after your abortion? Do you avoid intimacy?
- If you have a child now, do you fear for them and smother them with love or overprotection?
- If you don’t have children, do you fear that you may never have them?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you could be suffering from Post-Abortive Stress. You are not alone. Please call one of our centers for a confidential meeting with a peer counselor.